Okay, so I made this recipe section to share recipes with you all of food that I make, welllllllll, when I’m cooking most of the time I season something or add ingredients until it smells right to me. That being said, bare with me as I attempt to share recipes with y’all. It may literally take you a couple times trying to make it taste the way you want, but you’ll always leave with a general idea. lol. Also, keep in mind, I’m from the country, so read this with a not so grammar police mind but with your best imitation of a thick southern accent. 🙂
FUN FACT: This specific chicken and rice recipe, I made up 2 days ago in a scramble trying to get ready for one of our couple friends to come visit and have dinner with us; it was such a hit they cleaned the pot and Josh had me to cook it again the next day.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 2 packs of chicken thighs (bone in or boneless, it’s up to you)
- 1 box of chicken broth
- herbs & spices (smoked paprika, thyme, sage, chili powder, sea salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- olive oil
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- Season chicken on sides with everything but the crushed red pepper and black pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to throughly coat the bottom of the pot you’re going to use to cook the chicken and rice. Also, add some butter. Heat it up and get ready to sear this chicken.
- Sear seasoned chicken until the outside of the chicken in golden brown and starts to crisp up (3-4 minutes on each side) . The inside of your chicken is NOT DONE at this point. DO NOT turn your oil up to high or you’re going to burn the outside and the inside will still be raw!
- After you’ve seared all the chicken, dump all the oil and butter out of the pot. Add the soups and enough chicken broth to make it not runny, but not thick either; you’ll figure it out. Make sure to pick all the chicken chunks out of it from the cream of chicken soup.
- Add rice to pot with soups and chicken broth as well as everything in the herb section now including the crushed red pepper and the black pepper. Mix well with a whisk. Gone head and toss you another slather of butter in there too.
- Preheat oven to 350; if you turned it on before now you were wasting gas or electricity, especially gas.
- Bring everything in the pot currently to a simmer (not boiling but bubbling on the sides). Make sure to stir often to avoid anything sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Once your pot is simmering, add the chicken and all the puddled grease off the plate (don’t scrape the grease that doesn’t run off with with chicken, the loose grease was enough); stir it in with a spoon overturning the rice and making sure you get it down in the pot good.
- Place pot in the oven for an hour. Take out occasionally to stir and turn rice to make sure it’s all cooking. If after an hour all the rice isn’t cooked all the way, cook in 10 minute increments stirring each time you take it out.
BAM! You’re done. Serve it and enjoy it! If you attempt this recipe, I want pictures and comments. Also, if you tweaked it, share those tweaks as well. If y’all enjoyed the format of this post let me know as well!
You can always find more recipes and by category on the recipes tab!